Saturday, September 3, 2016

Art Lesson that Rocks - The Phoenix


The Phoenix is a sign of change, rebirth and new beginnings.  Well, I certainly experienced that when my sculpture of Tara, the Buddesatva of compassion, long life, healing and serenity, just fell apart before my eyes.  Wow!  I had worked on her late into the wee hours of the morning for days and there she was, lying in pieces.  I have to admit  that I had never done clay sculpture before and didn’t know the basics of preparing a piece for firing.  Especially a three foot high, dense, and heavy piece.  So, I would suggest that when working on a new medium, get help if you need to.  On the other hand, my life completely changed after Tara fell apart.
Yes, it was for the better.  Everything began to shift and change like sand beneath my feet.  I am ever so grateful and even though it seemed like a mistake at the time, I can now see that the falling apart, meant that I would come together again.  All new and excited about the change.  So if you think you’ve made a mistake or goofed something up just know that sometimes it is just a sign of new horizons to come.
Enjoy the journey!


No comments:

Post a Comment